Youth Trauma Services
Helping children and teens recover from traumatic experiences
The team at Peak Wellness Center has special expertise in helping young people recover from the trauma of violence, crime or abuse that they have experienced or witnessed.
The members of our youth trauma care team, specially trained in both early trauma intervention and treating Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) in children and teens, use proven methods in a safe therapy environment to help people cope with and recover from traumatic experiences.
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Medication therapy, if indicated
- Behavioral modification
- Meditation and stress management techniques
We work to identify and address any internal or external obstacles to recovery and teach new skills for
- Reducing flashbacks and distressing memories
- Handling intense emotions and emotional triggers
- Communicating about the experience
- Reducing behavioral problems and other symptoms of distress
Family counseling and support groups
Parents and siblings also suffer when a child has a traumatic experience, often experiencing intense anger, sleeplessness, fear, anxiety, sadness and uncertainty about the best way to help. Family counseling and individual counseling can make a big difference in helping people understand, cope with and get past the experience.
It gets easier—and we help make sure it does
Let us help your child and family start the recovery process today.